Saturday, September 20, 2008

20 Minute Limit to Lecture?

If you don't know what TED is, you need to immediately click this link:

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/teaching_on_the.php


Then go to ted.com. You can read what I have to say later.

----

I think what works best for me is a mixture of lecture and discussion. In my history class I am always asking students what they think of historical events or trying to draw out connections. With 25-30 students it's easy to draw out a discussion. The twenty minutes idea is a great selection.

----

I teach both history to teenagers and computers to adults. Am I a better history teacher or computer teacher?

To be honest, my verbal skills have always exceeded my math skills but I do have a passion for technology. I work better with adults but I have a great rapport with teenagers as well.

Overall, it's too hard to say. I have an interest in both and I wouldn't want to choose today.

No comments: